First of all, we would like to inform you about your rights as a data subject. These rights are standardized in Art. 15 – 22 GDPR. This includes:
- The right to information (Art. 15 GDPR),
- The right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR),
- The right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR),
- The right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR),
- The right to restriction of data processing (Art. 18 GDPR),
- The right to object to data processing (Art. 21 GDPR).
To assert these rights, please contact us. The same applies if you have questions about data processing in our company.
Legal Bases for Processing
The processing of your personal data may be based on the following legal grounds:
- Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR serves as our legal basis for processing operations where we obtain your consent for a specific processing purpose.
- Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, e.g., if you purchase a product. The same applies to such processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries about our products or services.
- Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR, insofar as we are subject to a legal obligation that requires the processing of personal data, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations.
- Art. 6 (1) lit. d GDPR in the event that vital interests of you or another natural person require the processing of personal data.
- Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR applies on the basis of our legitimate interests, E.g., when using service providers as part of order processing, such as shipping service providers or when carrying out statistical surveys and analyses and logging registration procedures. Our interest is directed towards the use of a user-friendly, appealing, and secure presentation as well as optimization of our website, which serves our business interests as well as meeting your expectations.
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide our services, comply with legal obligations and resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will depend on the type of data collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account both case-specific circumstances and the need to delete outdated, unused information as soon as possible. We retain records containing client personal data, account set-up documents, communications, and other data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Basis for data collection
The processing of your personal data (i.e., any data that can reasonably be used to identify you; “personal data”) is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to enable us to provide our services to you, protect our legitimate interest and comply with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first category includes non-identifying and non-identifiable user data provided or collected through the use of the Website (“Non-Personal Data”). We do not know the identity of the user from whom non-personal data has been collected. Non-Personal data that may be collected includes aggregate usage data and technical data transmitted from your device, including certain information regarding software and hardware (e.g., browser and operating system used on the device, language setting, access time, etc.). We use this data to improve the functionality of our website. We may also collect information about your activity on the website (e.g., pages viewed, browsing behaviour, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second category includes personal data, that is, data that identifies or can identify an individual through reasonable measures. Such data include:
Device data: We collect personal data from your device. Such data includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., MAC address and UUID) and other data resulting from your activity on the website.
- When you contact us through our website you will be asked to provide certain information, this is: First and last name, email address.
- If you contact our hosts via our website because you are interested in a “chair”, “office” or a “meeting room”, you will be asked to provide certain information: First and last name, email address, phone number.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we ask you to provide us with your email address.
- If you register on our website, we will request personal and, where applicable, non- personal data in accordance with our registration form this may include your username, email address, name, mobile and or telephone number and your address. The entry of your data is encrypted so that third parties cannot read your data when it is entered.
- We process various data within the framework of the provision of our services and for the initiation and processing of the existing contractual relationship between you and us. If you have commissioned us to provide a service, we process your data (if provided: Name, contact details (email address and telephone number), address, bank details, and all information that is necessary in the context of fulfilling the services, exclusively for the purpose of processing and handling the contractual relationship.
How do we obtain data about you?
We obtain your personal data from various sources:
- You provide such data to us voluntarily, for example when you contact us on our website.
- We obtain such data when you use our website or access it in connection with one of our services.
- We receive such data from other providers, services and from public registers (for example, from data traffic analysis providers).
With whom is the data shared?
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- for the purposes of providing products or services that you request from us, fulfilling our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, processing payments in connection therewith or otherwise in connection with your use of our website;
- where a third-party claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their rights under applicable law, in which case we may disclose your identity to that third party;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our shares or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How is the data used?
We use data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you (send notices regarding our services, provide technical information and handle customer service requests, if applicable).
- To inform you about new updates and services
- To market our websites and products (further information under “Marketing”)
- For statistical and analytical purposes to improve the website.
In addition to the various uses listed above, we may also share personal data with our subsidiaries, affiliates and subcontractors.
How do we protect your information?
Transfer of data outside the UK and the European Economic Area
Please note that some recipients may not be based in the UK and the European Economic Area. If this is the case, we will only transfer your data to countries approved by the Information Commissioner`s Office or the European Commission with an adequate level of data protection or ensure an adequate level of data protection through a legal agreement.
We promise that we won’t sell your information with others for marketing purposes. However, we may use your personal data, for our own marketing purposes or share it with our subcontractors to provide you with promotional materials regarding our services that may be of interest to you.
We respect your right to privacy. Therefore, these marketing materials will always provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from further mailings. If you unsubscribe, your email address or phone number will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
Note that even if you unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails with important information that does not include an unsubscribe option. This includes maintenance messages or administrative notifications.
Automated decision-making including profiling pursuant to Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR does not take place.
The protection of children’s data is particularly important in the online environment. The web site is not designed for or directed at children. The use of our services by minors is only permitted with the prior consent or authorisation of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without their consent, please contact us.
State-of-the-art internet technologies are used to ensure the security of your data. During the online enquiry process, your details are secured with SSL encryption. For secure storage of your data, the systems are protected by firewalls that prevent unauthorised access from outside. In addition, technical and organisational security measures are used to protect the personal data you have provided against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons.
We are present in various “social media” platforms in order to communicate with our customers, interested parties and users registered there and to be able to inform them about our offers there. We would like to point out that you use these platforms and their functions on your own responsibility. This applies in particular to the use of the interactive functions (e.g., commenting, sharing, rating).
In addition, your data may be processed for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created from your usage behaviour and the resulting interests. This allows, for example, advertisements to be placed within and outside the platforms that presumably correspond to your interests. Cookies are usually stored on your computer for this purpose. Independently of this, data that is not directly collected from your devices may also be stored in the usage profiles (especially if you are a member of the respective platforms and are logged in to them).
We, as the provider of this information service, do not collect and process any data from your use of our service beyond this.
The processing of users’ personal data is based on our legitimate interests in providing users with effective information and communicating with users pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p.1 lit. f. GDPR. If you are asked by the respective providers for consent to data processing, the legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a., Art. 7 GDPR.
If you are a member of a social network and do not want the network to collect data about you via our website and link it to your stored membership data with the respective network, you must
- log out of the respective network before visiting our website,
- delete the cookies on your device and
- close and restart your browser.
After logging in again, however, you will once more be recognisable to the network as a specific user. In the case of requests for information and the assertion of user rights, we would also like to point out that these can most effectively be asserted with the providers. Only the providers have access to the users’ data and can take appropriate measures and provide information directly. If you still need help, you can contact us.
Updating your information
If you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, or object to its processing, please do so within your account or contact us. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
Links to other providers
Our website also contains – clearly recognisable – links to the websites of other companies. Insofar as there are links to websites of other providers, we have no influence on their contents. Therefore, no guarantee or liability can be assumed for these contents. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of these pages.
The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations and recognisable infringements at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognisable at the time of linking. However, permanent monitoring of the content of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete indications of a legal violation. Such links will be removed immediately if infringements of the law become known.
Concerns and Contact
If you have any concerns about a possible compromise of your privacy or misuse of your personal information on our part, or any other questions or comments, you can contact us.